Only student organisations that meet the terms and conditions of the Policy and Assessment Framework are eligible for recognition by UU and HU. You can ask for recognition of your student organisation at any time. In other words, you do not have to wait for any particular time (such as the Assessment, which is described below).
You can always request recognition for your student organisation. You don’t have to wait until a special moment for this. Requests for recognition may be submitted to the Bestuurlijk Actief Utrecht. The following documents will be required:
- Articles of association (draft or definitive)
- Internal regulations
- Policy and/or activity plan
- List of members (including names and student numbers)
Utrecht University and HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht treat the information on the lists of members in confidence and in accordance with GDPR legislation. If you would like to receive more information about this, please let us know.
The organization must in any case meet the following criteria:
- The organisation has legal personality and has statutes that are in line with the Student Organizations Policy Framework
- The organisation is registered in the city of Utrecht with the Chamber of Commerce, and is not a committee or local board of another organization.
- The organisation focuses on the student community of the HU/UU.
- The organisation actually develops activities in the context of student facilities.
- The organisation is run by and for students of the HU and UU.
- At least 70% of the members study at the HU and/or UU, or have graduated for a maximum of 1 year.
New student organisations can be recognised if:
- the core of the organization and the activities with regard to existing Utrecht (student) organizations can be regarded as innovative, and affiliation with a comparable organization is not obvious; and
- it is to be expected that the student organization will have sufficient support within Utrecht student life.