Recognised student organisations may use various office spaces free of charge. The largest building is Pnyx; it is part of UU and is home to more than 30 student organisations. Since 1 September 2020, these organisations have been accommodated in a new building on Princetonplein. Recognised organisations may be eligible for a room for their board. They are currently all taken, but please contact Lennart van Wageningen if you would like to join the waiting list. Study societies also use offices in HU and UU buildings.
- Recognised student organisations may use various meeting rooms. On Princetonplein, there are four meeting rooms in the Pnyx that you may use free of charge. Organisations with an office in Pnyx can use these meeting rooms all day, organisations outside Pnyx can use them when the Pnyx porter is present (after 17:00 monday till thursday).
- At the USP, students can use the Vagant from September 5, 2022. In the “Huiskamer” students can go during the day to chill out and meet up with friends. The “Zaal” is the name of the activity room. Activities organized for and by student (organisations) can take place there, such as workshops, drinks, film evenings, etc. The building can accommodate up to 200 people. You can book the rooms via the Self-Service Portal (Topdesk). You can read information about the house rules and reservation conditions here.
- Classrooms at the Uithof and the Booth room in the university library may be used for meetings, lectures, and training courses for 25 people or more. The Pnyx porter can reserve these areas free of charge. Recognised student organisations may also book them directly, using the FSC Service Request Form. Mention that your organisation is on the list of recognised student organisations. Bear in mind the opening hours, capacity, and conditions of use that apply to these rooms.
- Parnassos has two small but pleasant meeting rooms(maximum 12 people) as well as rooms for choir and theatre rehearsals. There is a theatre with 110 seats, which is suitable for general members’ meetings, lectures, presentations, and shows, and a bar that can be rented out for social get-togethers, pub quizzes, or open mics. Parnassos also offers custom workshops. Students and student organisations are entitled to big discounts on the rental and workshop rates. More information is available here.
- Rooms at Olympos are available for training courses given by sports clubs (climbing instructions, for example). More information is available here.
- Recognised student organisations may use the Academiegebouw once a year free of charge for constructive activities. More information is available here.
Agreements on meeting locations with UU partners
Study societies with their own WBS (= internal UU account number) may, subject to certain conditions, reserve meeting locations at regional partners of UU at a discount. More information about this is on the intranet; you can also ask your faculty contact.